6 Tips to Take the Stress Out of Your Morning


Most of my mornings are crazy. Usually consisting of finishing homework due that I had put off, hitting the snooze button one too many times and rushing to get ready in time for class. But, I consider myself to be a morning person.. when I want to be. I love the feeling of getting my day started early on the weekends kicking off a productive day, so why are my weeks days the exact opposite?? I tell myself that I should probably figure this out to change it and since there is no time like the present, I thought I would share my tips with you to avoid these strenuous starts to your day.





1) Get a good night's sleep
Don’t decide to do homework or study at 10 o’clock the night before its due. Instead, do it right away after getting it. I know for me this is something I still really need to work on, but I’m getting there. Practice makes perfect right?

2) Plan your outfit the night before
Trust me, this saves SO much time in the morning. While your at it, why not lay out your books, bag and anything your are going to be rushing around for in the morning.

3) Pamper yourself
Remove your makeup! There is nothing worse than waking up with day old mascara under your eyes and foundation on your pillow. It will make you feel better in the morning along with allowing your skin to breathe over night! If you have time, take the extra 15 min to apply a face mask or do your favourite skin care routine before getting ready for bed. Not only will this relax you, but you will have a great base if you are applying fresh makeup in the morning.

4) COFFEE
What makes weekends that much better? The smell of brewing coffee and a fresh cup. Most students, including myself, have a very dependent relationship on the stuff. So start off your morning routine with coffee, tea, hot chocolate or whatever is takes to put yourself in that much of a better mood.

5) The most important meal of the day
Now that you are saving all this time by having everything ready to go, you’ll have time to make a great breakfast for yourself to go along with your coffee. No more running out of the house with a granola bar!

6) Routine! Routine! Routine!
Work on waking up at the same time everyday along with trying out these tips. After a few weeks, they will start to come naturally. 

Love, Madison

No comments