DIY Decor: Gold Coffee Beans and Spring Flowers

I am not sure about you guys, but I am beyond excited that the weather has started to warm up! The blossoms are coming out everywhere I look, and so I thought I would bring that inside with this easy diy decor project. I however, don't have the best luck when it comes to keeping real flowers alive and so I purchased fake flowers from my local craft store. I am really happy about how realistic they look and am even excited about switching them out from season to season.






Materials:

Vase (I bought mine from Walmart for under $3. I also think a mason jar would look great too)
Krylon 18K Gold Premium Metallic Spray Paint (would totally recommend this and plan to use it again)
Kirkland House Blend Medium Roast Coffee (any coffee will work just make sure it is whole bean)
garbage bag (for saving the surface you're painting on)
Faux flowers (these particular ones came in bunches with shortened stems from Michael's)
Measure out how many beans you need to fill your vase plus a bit extra.
 Lay out the coffee beans on the garbage bag trying not to have any on top of each other.


Spray paint an even layer, without moving the beans.


After 20 minutes (the can said 15, but I waited an extra 5 minutes to be safe), turn the beans over to reveal the dark side and spray paint again.


I repeated this process 4 times, until the beans were entirely coated.
I also ended up picking out a few that weren't gold enough for me.

Making sure the coffee beans are dry, fill your vase and arrange the flowers.


The spray paint smell wears off pretty fast leaving you with just the scent of coffee, an added bonus to how pretty this turned out!

 Let me know if you try this! I would love to see pictures.

Love, Madison


10 comments

  1. I love this idea it looks so good!!

    Danika Maia
    www.danikamaia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool DIY! :)

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a cool idea! I must do it soon! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a picture if you do! :)

      Delete
  4. Omg I never would have thought to paint coffee beans gold but they are so gorgeous! And the fact that they still smell like coffee is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought of that! What a super cool idea! I want to try this out with white peonies!
    Annie Abbey // http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That would look gorgeous! Let me know if you end up trying it out! I would love to see pictures

      Delete