How to Save the Summer Tan

I love how a nice tan looks, but not the skin damage that comes along with it. I’ve always been good about applying SPF (a big thanks to my mom). I am in no way encouraging tanning for hours, but inevitably most get a little colour over the summer time and on vacations. I figured out some ways to get the most out of my tan and to stretch it out as long as possible. Keep reading to find out…




Moisturize: The last thing you want is for tan to flake off. (That sounds kinda gross right?) Prevent this by applying a rich moisturizer both daily and after being in the sun. My favourite after being in the sun for the day is Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Moisturizer because of the aloe (but omg the smell. Smells like a vacation). I also like the St. Ives Naturally Indulgent Body Lotion for daily moisturizer.

Hydration: stay hydrated! You’ll see a direct reflection of this in your skin, plus it is really good for you.

Shower cream: Find a moisturizing shower cream instead of a gel. That way you’re even moisturizing while in the shower.

Bronzer: I am very diligent about applying SPF daily to my face. This means that I don’t get much of a tan on my face. So, I apply bronzer to even out the colour. My current bronzer is Rimmel Natural Bronze in 021 Sun Light.


Fake it: Why not? There are so many great tanning creams out that won’t look orange (and without the strong smell!). My favourite is St. Tropez Bronzing Lotion. Apply this as your tan is fading to keep up the colour. This way if you wanted to, you can have a tan year round without any of the sun damage! Use a body scrub before applying tanning cream so it doesn’t stick to any dry patches and looks even and natural.

Do you have a favourite self tanner? Let me know what it is in a comment!

Love, Madison

4 comments

  1. Great tips, soon enough our beautiful tans will fade!

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tips! Please check out my blog, I'm sure you would love it!
    :afabguide.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete